Panther Stadium

Birmingham, Alabama
Birmingham-Southern College Completed 2008
View Fullscreen Gallery

When Birmingham-Southern College decided to revive intercollegiate football on its campus for the first time since 1939, it turned to Davis Architects to design a new football stadium and field house. The 1,600 seat facility on the “Hilltop” overlooking the City of Birmingham hosted its inaugural home game on November 8, 2008, proudly showing off the newly completed football stadium with state-of-the-art artificial turf and an eight-lane regulation track surrounding the field. An adjacent field house houses the press box, coaches’ offices, meeting rooms, locker rooms, athletic training and weight rooms, and officials’ dressing room. The $1,890,000 complex is home to Birmingham-Southern football team, as well as men’s and women’s track-and-field, cross-country and lacrosse teams.