The science facility houses the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math, and Computer Science departments, and contains a 90-seat round lecture hall, faculty offices and seminar room. The building comprises approximately 24,000 SF of labs, classrooms, offices, and storage. The facility has been designed with state of the art laboratory equipment, audio/visual devices, and building components. The plan is essentially composed of two wings; the classically detailed classroom wing and a more utilitarian laboratory “box”; connected by a two–story, light-filled atrium. In addition to connecting the two building components, the atrium space provides an open resting place for students and faculty between classes. Because Judson College was founded in 1938, the exterior of the building was developed in keeping with the classical design of other campus structures (some of which date back to the College’s inception) but with a modern interpretation of form, ornament and detailing. The building is sited immediately adjacent to the College green, providing an opportunity to address the classical nature of this outdoor space with a reinterpretation of the classical temple lining the public green.